On the 12th day of Christmas the intern brought to me…a brand-new idea for Satori!
“We should do something like the 12-days of Satori—12 marketing tips” she replied.
“Ashley! That’s genius! Yes! Yes! YES!”
Excited at how much her co-worker and boss loved what started off as a rogue idea, she began to write a different version of the famous holiday classic. Twelve days of marketing tips, with a little bit of added Christmas magic. The idea was to give a little more to small businesses looking for help. The outcome: we created engaging content that was relatable, sometimes funny and had a merry good time doing it.
- On the 1st day of Christmas Satori brought to me…a tip for email marketing. Yes, there is a right way to do it—& just like social media has a character limit, so should your emails. Need a push in the right direction? Refer to this blog.
- 2nd day… a tip for networking! Have you met a new person today? No, really, as in you shook their hand, grabbed a business card, made a new connection? No? In-person social networking is key, see why.
- 3rd day…a tip for social media marketing (wow that one was a mouthful)! This tip is simple. Make sure you have social media accounts. Multiple! See why.
- 4th day…a tip for SEO. Your tweets may not stay at the top of the page, but if done correctly your website could. SEO is the key, chat with us about how to do it properly, or check out this article.
- 5th..a tip for Standing out! We’ve got two words for you…value proposition. Now give us a few words about your company, but only if they can describe exactly what you do that’s better than anyone else. Need help? Click here.
- 6th day…a tip for branding! Can you create a brand if you don’t know who you are as a company? Knowing who you are as a business and what you stand for, creates brands that are genuine and sustainable. Try it.
- 7th day…a tip for web content! Ever wonder how to capture your audience and keep them reading? It’s difficult but necessary. This clever blog should help.
- 8th day…a tip for everything, really! Although we don’t encourage getting on social media at work, sometimes you just need a break! Give yourself 10 minutes away from the grind and then make that deadline!
- 9th day…a tip for public relations! A little creativity never killed anybody! Add some glitz and glam to your public relations campaigns, you might realize work just became fun! Learn how we did it here
- 10th day…a tip for marketing budgets! Dedicating 15 minutes a day to your company’s social media is not only inexpensive, but it works!! Start small and give us a call when you and your budget are ready for us.
- 11th day…a tip for ferocious customer service! No matter your industry, consumers are loyal to those who take good care of them. When you treat your clients as business partners, instead of invoices, they appreciate you more (weird, right?) Don’t believe us? Check this out.
- And finally, on the 12th day of Christmas, Satori gave to me…a tip for proofreading! Let’s just be honest, if there are typos in your message, people will stop reading! Read why always having a red pen handy is important here.
There is a tip for everyone, whether you are a large or small company, whether you have been in the business for 10 years or 10 days. We hope those that followed the tips picked up something new. Even our intern found herself picking up a few new marketing tricks, perhaps the biggest takeaway: learning how to spin old into gold. You can find full explanations of all of the tips on our company Facebook, LinkedIn, or Google+ pages.